February 3, 2023
MARC GEISSBERGER, DDS, MA
The Oral Cavity Under Acid Attack … Identifying, Understanding and Treating Caries, Erosion, and Other Acid Related Diseases
Time: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
ABOUT MARC GEISSBERGER, DDS, MA
Dr. Geissberger graduated from University of the Pacific in 1991 obtaining his dental degree and was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon as a student. He immediately returned to the school and has taught for 27 years. He later obtained a Masters of Arts in Educational Psychology from University of the Pacific. From 2000 – 2015 he served as Department Chair of Restorative Dentistry. Currently he is Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventative and Restorative Dentistry at the University of the Pacific. He directed the University’s Aesthetic and Complex Care Clinic and teaches many hands-on CE courses in Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Geissberger has served as President of the National Chapter of Omicron Kappa and has numerous publications including a textbook entitled Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell. He has presented over 400 continuing education courses both nationally and internationally. He maintains a private practice focused on reconstructive and esthetic dentistry in Greenbrae, CA.
As a dentist, personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, Dr. Geissberger brings a unique perspective to the subjects of caries, diet and the oral environment. Through this enlightening program, Dr. Geissberger will discuss various disease conditions that plague the entire dental population, and identify several at risk populations. The importance of oral pH will be discussed and strategies for altering an unfavorable oral environment will be outlined. Additionally, the dental team will learn progressive strategies to help their patients achieve oral balance and curb their disease processes. Nutrition and diet control will be discussed extensively.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn and understand the difference between a balanced oral environment and one that is susceptible to disease
- Learn and develop strategies which you can implement in your practice to help patients achieve oral balance
- Learn and develop a program for caries eradication that you can easily implement you’re your private practice
- Learn and develop strategies on how to begin discussing the oral implications of poor eating strategies and provide tips
- Learn which materials should be used to properly restore dentitions plagued with the effects of erosion, abrasion, GERD and bulimia
SUSAN MCMAHON,DDS, AAACD, FAGD
Delivering the Selfie Ready Smile To New Generations
Time: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
ABOUT SUSAN MCMAHON, DDS, AAACD, FAGD
Dr. McMahon enjoys one of the largest cosmetic dental practices in Western Pennsylvania. She is accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and a Fellow of the prestigious American Society for Dental Aesthetics. An author and lecturer, Dr. McMahon has devoted her professional career to the pursuit of advanced technologies in cosmetic and minimally invasive dentistry. She is the Director of New Product Evaluation for Catapult Education. She frequently lectures across the United States on minimally invasive dentistry and conservative cosmetic dentistry for teenagers and young adults. She has been voted by her peers as a Top Pittsburgh Dentist every year for over 15 years.
Appearance and self-esteem have long been intertwined. So, as our social media and selfie culture continues to grow, it’s no surprise that more and more young people and adolescents are seeking out cosmetic dentistry as a way to enhance their appearances. The dental world has taken notice and we need to respond with conservative ways to satisfy our younger patient’s desires for ideal smiles. Discover the secrets to identifying patient’s cosmetic desires and learn effective yet sensitive dialogue for case acceptance. Boost their confidence and Boost your Bottom Line.
What You Will Learn:
- Enamel Enhancements: Visible White Lesion (VWL) removal, brown staining removal, whitening and whitening combination treatments
- Direct composite bonding, finishing techniques for beautiful surface texture and anatomy, diastema closure, additive finessing of the smile, easy Direct Composite Veneers.
- Gingival sculpting for framing the smile
- Applied Smile Design. Combining individual tooth, gingival and global smile treatments
COUNTDOWN TO PARADISE
Join us for the 7th Annual Aruba Dental Conference 2023
Copyright © 2022