Nathaniel Lawson, DMD, MA, PhD
Dr. Lawson is the Director of the Division of Biomaterials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry and the Program Director of the Biomaterials residency program. He graduated from UAB School of Dentistry in 2011 and obtained his PhD in Biomedical Engineering in 2012. His research interests are the mechanical, optical, and biologic properties of dental materials and clinical evaluation of new dental materials. He was the 2016 recipient of the Stanford New Investigator Award and the 2017 3M Innovative Research Fellowship, both from the American Dental Association.
He served on the American Dental Association Council of Scientific Affairs and is on the editorial board of The Journal of Adhesive Dentistry and Compendium. He has lectured nationally and internationally on the subject of dental materials. He also works as a general dentist in the UAB Faculty Practice.
Dental Materials Update: Through the Eye of a Clinician-Researcher
Adhesive dentistry allows clinicians to prepare less tooth structure and create strong, esthetic restorations for their patients. Success in adhesive dentistry requires the clinicians to be knowledgeable about the resin and ceramic materials used to create restorations as well as the adhesives used to bond these restorations to tooth structure. Also, the materials and instruments used to manipulate these restorations allow clinicians to produce restorations with functional anatomic form and sufficient surface luster for esthetics and biologic health.
The goal of this presentation is to review the current evidence on the materials and instruments used to perform adhesive dentistry with direct resins and indirect ceramics. The presentation will show clinical cases as well as research performed at the UAB School of Dentistry. The goal of the presentation is to offer tips and tricks that can immediately be applied by any restorative dentist.
- Learn methods to use bulk fill composites for posterior composites
- Compare different sectional matrix systems for Class II composites
- Select resin composites for anterior composites
- Compare different polishers for anterior composites and indirect ceramic materials
- Review the different types of dental ceramics and the methods to bond to them
- Learn how to prevent and remove stains caused under ceramic restorations
- Select a bur for cutting off ceramic crowns
- Learn how to perform microabrasion to conservatively remove anterior discoloration
If you have any questions please call 1-800-265-3444, ext 219
COUNT DOWN TO PARADISE
Join us for the 8th Annual Aruba Dental Conference 2024 in
We hope you'll be there!
Copyright © 2023